Online Registration for returners will open March 10th.
*If you have any problems or questions, please do not call any of the City’s Community Centers, they do not have information about our registration process. Respond to this email if you have any questions or call Kyle Morita at 714 375-5075. We are in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:30 and will be able to answer your questions at those times.
To set up your household account, go to the following website: www.hbsands.org.
Setting up your own account is the first step for both returning junior lifeguards and new junior lifeguards. Registration for our program will not be open until March for returners and May for new junior lifeguards (once all tryout requirements have been completed).
Registration for returners will open on March 10th and close on April 28th. The open registration period will be available for returning junior guards only. New junior lifeguards will be able to register once they have successfully passed all the tryout tests and will open on May 5th.
To begin registration, follow these steps:
1. Go to the following website: www.hbsands.org
2. There will also be a link on our website located at www.juniorguard.com that will take you to the registration page.
3. All returning junior lifeguard families have a household account that you set up last year that you will need to login at.
4. Once you’ve logged on, find the Junior Lifeguard Registration Class Activity Number. There are many ways to do this. The simplest will be to click on the Junior Lifeguard Registration button located at the top of the screen. You can also search for the class by clicking on the “Search Programs” button. The activity number to register is 900001 and the age of your junior lifeguard and the session time (AM or PM) will determine the section number that you sign up for.
5. The following is a list of the different section numbers for the different groups:
900001-A1 for AM “A” Group Age 14-17
900001-A2 for PM “A” Group Age 14-17
900001-B1 for AM “B” Group Age 12-13
900001-B2 for PM “B” Group Age 12-13
900001-C1 for AM “C” Group Age 9-11
900001-C2 for PM “C” Group Age 9-11
6. Once you’ve found the section that you’d like to enroll in, click on the shopping cart icon next to it. Note – you may only enroll in the section that matches your child’s age as of July 1st.
7. Next, click on the “Enroll Now” button that pops up at the bottom of the page.
8. Next, select who you are enrolling into the section by clicking on the box with their name. Click “Add to cart”.
9. Carefully read the Activity Waiver which includes release and hold harmless and photography waivers and click on the agree button.
10. You must answer the next questions to provide us with two emergency contacts.
11. The next page will begin your check out. You’ll need to change the “Credit Card Type” to “Visa/Mastercard/Discover”, then “Continue”.
12. Next, fill out your credit card information and “Submit Payment”.
13. Congratulations! You’ve successfully completed online registration. You may print out your own confirmation receipt and it will also show in your shopping history that you are now enrolled in both 900000-00 (JG Tryouts) and 900001 (JG Registration).