The Junior Lifeguard Tryout Dates have been scheduled and are currently on the calendar on our website. It is advisable that prospective junior lifeguards join a prep class and prepare prior to trying out. New junior lifeguards do not need to sign up or register ahead of time. All registration and sign up information will be available upon successful completion of tryouts.
TRYOUTS: Cabana Club, 8141 Atlanta Ave., Huntington Beach, 92646
Saturday April 14, 2018 8:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Saturday April 28, 2018 8:00 AM to 12:000 Noon
Wednesday May 9, 2018 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Sunday May 20, 2018 8:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
*Wednesday June 6, 2018 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
* THIS FINAL DAY OF TRYOUTS WILL BE FOR THE PM SESSION ONLY FOR JUNIOR GUARDS AGE 9-13.
REQUIREMENTS: Open to boys and girls ages 9 through 17 (as of July 1, 2018). Applicants must possess a basic swimming ability to be able to pass the following prerequisite exams:
• Swim 100 yards in 1 minute & 50 seconds or below (Ages 9-13).
• 9-11 year olds are eligible for the program if they make the time requirement of 1:51-2:00, but they will be enrolled in the P.M. session only, regardless of siblings.
• Swim 100 yards in 1 minute and 45 seconds or below (14-17).
• Tread water for five minutes
• Swim underwater for approximately 10 yards